Training / IOSH Managing Safely
IOSH Managing Safely Syllabus
- Explain 'working safely'.
- Explain the component parts of a recognised safety management system such as HSG65, BS 8800, and OHSAS 18001.
- Identify the data and techniques required to produce an adequate record of an incident and demonstrate the procedure for an accident investigation, recognising the human factors involved.
- Describe statutory requirements for reporting and procedures for checking for non-reporting.
- Describe methods of basic trend and epidemiological analysis for reactive monitoring data.
- Define 'hazard' and 'risk', and describe the legal requirements for risk assessment.
- Demonstrate a practical understanding of a quantitative risk assessment technique and the data required for records.
- Describe workplace precaution hierarchies.
- Prepare and use active monitoring checklists and implement schedules for active monitoring, recording results and analysing records.
- Outline the main provisions of the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 and the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999.
- Outline relevant health and safety legislation, codes of practice, guidance notes and information sources such as the Health and Safety Executive.
The final examination is taken online after you have studied the course material. Understanding of the course material is evaluated by means of a multiple choice examination comprising of a mixture of short and multiple choice online questions, plus an end of course assignment.
Start date: Anytime
Study mode: eLearning
Required study: 36 hours minimum
Course access: 6 Months
Support: Full support access with tutors via email or phone
- Course price: £330 (275 + VAT)
- Includes Course Materials & IOSH Admin Fee
- No Additional Exam Costs